shop Contributors Style  DIY Inspiration  Home Decor

Top Picks for Spring 2012

From preppy style to pretty florals to fun micro prints, there are some really great fashion trends to choose from this Spring. At gracie b. I love dissecting the latest trends and bringing the best of the best into the shop. For one of our latest emailers (if you haven't yet, you can sign up here), I put together a few of my top picks.


Florals
Nothing says spring like a great floral piece and this spring there is an abundance of floral to choose from. From pretty pastels to bold brights, floral is making a big statement this year.  I love the two floral options above for different reasons. The Blue Du Jour Maxi dress is a sassy little number, great for a date night but equally as perfect for a Saturday morning brunch with the girls. Just throw on a cardi and great flat sandals! The I've Got Sunshine Full skirt beside it is the perfect floral piece to wear to the office. A navy top with a great pair of pumps will make you trend right and office appropriate.


Micro Prints
This is probably one of the funnest trends to wear this season, in addition to being my personal favorite. Micro prints can be whimsical and fun because the look very simple from a distance, but upon closer examination realize there is more than meets the eye. For example, something simple looking like polka dots turns out to actually be something unusual like the small outline of a cat, as seen here in The Cat's Meow dress.


Prep Club
Finally, we finish with a classic look that is making a big come-back this spring: preppy style. Take a cue from the nautically inspired Red-dy to Set Sail top and start layering on the stripes and primary colors. Pair with a great pair of cuffed jeans and boat shoes, and you're off to the yacht club! For work, pull on the always classic You've "Red" My Mind Full skirt with your pearls and pumps. 


So, there you have it! A rundown of some of the greatest trends of the season. You can check out the entire selection on our trend page.

2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 the red skirt but sadly it's sold out. I do hope you'll purchase a few more.
    I also like that you tell who designed the items. I enjoyed checking our their Etsy (in most cases) shops.
    I found your website through 9 to 5 chic and I am so glad I came across it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such kind words! I'm so glad you stopped by! As for the red skirt, if you are interested please email me at grace@shopgracieb.com with the size you would like and I'll see if I can get one from my designer. Also, if you sign up for the mailing list on my website you can stay up to date on new items as they arrive and get 15% off your next purchase. xo, gracie b.

    ReplyDelete